How to manage standing orders
Standing orders is the way to set up regular payments to companies and other people and recurring transfers between your accounts.
View more how to... guides
- view lists and details of all your Standing orders
- set up new Standing orders
- cancel or amend Standing orders
View your Standing orders
- Select 'Standing order' from the 'Payments menu'
- Select an account and you'll be presented with a list of all your current Standing orders, showing who they're payable to, their frequency, amount and next payment date
- To view more details about each Standing order, just click on the beneficiary
Amend or cancel an existing Standing order
To amend an existing Standing order:
- Select the beneficiary that you wish to amend from the Standing orders screen.
- Select 'Modify' from the Standing order details
- Select the biller or payee that the payments are made to, or enter their sort code and account number, then
- Enter the amount to pay each time and their reference number and then,
- Enter the dates and frequency that the payment should happen on
- Confirm the amendment by entering your Internet Banking password, and clicking the Submit button.
To cancel an existing Standing order:
- Click 'Cancel' on your list of Standing orders, or from Standing order details then
- Confirm the cancellation by entering your Internet Banking password, and clicking the Submit button.
Please note that once a Standing order has been cancelled it will continue to appear on your list for 3 months. This period is not determined by Internet Banking and is a Bank standard.
Set up a new Standing order
Click on 'New standing order' on the left-hand menu, then:
- Select the account you want to pay the money from
- Provide details of who you want to pay the money to either:
- Select your biller from the 'My biller list' (for payment of everyday bills to utility companies, credit cards, the government, charities, etc), or
- Select your payee from the 'My payee list' (for transfers to, for example, friends or family), or
- Enter the sort code and account number of the person you want to transfer to
- Enter the payment amounts
- Enter the reference
- Enter the dates and frequency you want payments to happen on
- Click the Next button
- Check that your instructions are correct, and confirm the Standing order by entering your Internet Banking password and clicking the Submit button